I have an eMachines E525 laptop that has been misbehaving with its brightness control. The function keys wouldn’t control it, and the brightness slider was missing in Windows’ Power Options.
The solutions I Googled for didn’t help. When I restored this computer, I was able to get brightness working , but for some reason it stopped working again and this time I couldn’t find a solution. One forum poster alluded to Teamviewer being the problem, so I thought I’d investigate.
The short and sweet of it is, if you use a remote desktop client like LogMeIn or Teamviewer, uninstall them and their display drivers in Device Manager, then reinstall your computer’s display drivers. The problem is that LogMeIn’s “mirror driver” and “Generic PnP Monitor” in the Device Manager in Windows are actually seeming to be set as the real display. Thus, the drivers won’t work.
If you get messages like “The driver being installed is not validated for this computer” after trying to resolve this problem, then the use of remote desktop software is a probable cause.
Step-by-step (for the eMachines E525):
- Uninstall LogMeIn from Programs and Features in Control Panel.
- Uninstall (not Disable, but Uninstall) the “LogMeIn Mirror Driver” under Display Adapters in Device Manager by right-clicking it.
- Uninstall (not Disable, but Uninstall) the “Generic PnP Monitor” under Monitors in Device Manager by right-clicking it.
- Restart the computer.
- Download the drivers from the eMachines support site. Use the links here*, go to the eMachines support website itself, or use Emachines Recovery Management application to “Reinstall Drivers or Applications” in the Restore section. You need the VGA driver and the Launch Manager application. They work on Windows Vista and Windows 7.
- Install them both. Order doesn’t matter, but loading the driver first would be a good idea.
- Restart the computer. Make sure your brightness works now. On the E525 you can press and hold the Fn key while tapping the left and right arrow keys.
- Download LogMeIn again from here. You’ll have to set your computer up in LogMeIn again.
*These links, in case the site goes down:
- ftp://ftp.emachines.com/notebook/E525/Vista/06. Launch Manager_Dritek_v2.0.00_Vistax32x64.zip
- ftp://ftp.emachines.com/notebook/E525/Vista/02. VGA_Intel_v184.108.40.2061(220.127.116.111 Kit 15832)_Vistax64.zip
- ftp://ftp.emachines.com/notebook/E525/Vista/02. VGA_Intel_v18.104.22.1681(22.214.171.1241 Kit 15832)_Vistax32.zip